Tucson, Arizona Area Is A Golfer's Haven
The Tucson, Arizona area has been a haven for golf mavens for many years. There are 44 golf courses in and around Tucson, Arizona! Many of these golf courses are located within golf communities that offer outstanding properties.
With great weather year-round, outdoor recreation has been a hallmark of the Tucson lifestyle. Myriad outdoor recreational activities are available all year long. Golf is very popular.
The oldest golf course in Tucson, Arizona is centrally located Dell Urich Golf Course which was founded in 1925. This public golf course and complex (there's tennis, exercise areas, basketball, and other activities there) hosted a PGA tournament for many years. It's a very nice public course open to all. I'd highly recommend it.
The longest golf course is The Gallery Golf Club located in the fantastic Dove Mountain master-planned community in Marana, Arizona. There are 3 golf courses within Dove Mountain. There are almost 20 different subdivisions located within Dove Mountain offering housing at many different price points. Dove Mountain is NICE. It's where The Ritz Carlton is located (which has a golf course of its own open to the public).
Here's a short-list of some of my favorite Tucson, Arizona area golf courses -
1. Randolf Dell Urich Golf Course
2. J.W. Marriot Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, Rattler Course, Roadrunner Course, and Silverbell Course. This golf community boasts lovely homes ranging from condos to luxury, custom-builds.
3. Tucson Country Club Tucson Course. This lovely golf community boasts very nice, older homes.
4. Westin La Paloma Country Club, Canyon Course, Hill Course, and Ridge Course. La Paloma is a very nice, master-planned community located in The Catalina Foothills. There are homes ranging from condos to luxury estates located within La Paloma.
5. Skyline Country Club. This private club boasts a great golf course. Skyline Country Club is a fantastic, very nice, gated community full of lovely older homes ranging from townhomes to luxury estates. It sits in The Catalina Foothills.
6. Loews Ventana Canyon Club & Lodge. The golf courses here are open to the public, and they are NICE. Ventana Canyon is a luxury housing community located in The Catalina Foothills. Condos to luxury estates are located within Ventana Canyon.
7. Omni Tucson National Resort. There are 3 golf courses here. The Cologuard Classic is played here. Tucson National has hosted PGA tournaments for years. The golf courses are open to the public. There's very nice housing located within Tucson National.
8. Pusch Ridge Golf Course. This course is located at The Conquistador resort. It's now owned by the city of Oro Valley and is a public course. Fantastic mountain views of The Santa Catalinas will blow your socks off. There are housing communities surrounding the resort and golf courses. Housing ranges from lovely smaller homes to estates.
9. El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Club.
10. Forty-Niner Country Club. This club is located on the far East side of Tucson and boasts fantastic golf and lovely homes surrounding it.
11. Quarry Pines Golf Club. This public course is very nice, and located smack dab in the middle of the Continental Ranch master-planned community in Marana, Arizona. Housing within Continental Ranch ranges from smaller track-home developments to luxury track-homes to custom builds.
12. SaddleBrooke Golf Community. This master-planned, 55+ community offers fine living on or very near a very pretty golf course.
There are many more fun golf courses and fantastic golf communities throughout the greater Tucson, Arizona area. Reach out to me anytime for more information on homes available within golf course communities. I'm happy to provide more information, property links to homes in golf communities, and/or answer any real estate-related questions/concerns you may have.
Put my 20+ years of real estate experience to work for you!